1. It's All About You
Our commitment to excellence and exceptional patient care is in every step of your doctor-patient experience, and we take pride in this! Cosmetic surgery should be a happy experience, but a serious one nonetheless. You will meet with our premier providers and consult Dr. Bitar or Dr. Centeno at your complimentary consultation. Generally two appointments are scheduled before surgery to discuss with you what procedure is suitable for you, explain the risks, benefits, alternatives, and to answer all your questions. Then you are encouraged to be seen by your own doctor to give the green light for surgery. Before you commit, you are given the opportunity to talk to patients who have had the same surgery you are considering. If you are convinced and excited to proceed, the doctor will perform your surgery, and then we will see you shortly after the surgery (in a day or two usually). You are seen regularly after your surgery and are welcome to come back for follow-up, even years after your surgery, free of charge. In the rare occasion a touch-up is needed, the doctor performs it free of charge when appropriate (you may have to pay hospital and anesthesia fees).
2. Patient Education and Confidentiality is a Priority What makes us an "institute" rather than a medical private practice is the human and educational resources we put at the service of our patients. Feel free to check out for dates of upcoming seminars, information about our institute as well as the various cosmetic procedures, downloading our newsletters, reading the latest press releases, viewing "Before and After Photos" of operations similar to the ones which you are contemplating, and also to contact us for a quick response to your questions or to book a complimentary consultation. BCSI has a quarterly informative newsletter about the latest in cosmetic surgery and med-spa services. We hold monthly "Days of Beauty" which include discount skin care, skin care treatments, and injection days, as well as educational seminars. We also participate in various seminars, magazines, newspapers, TV, and radio shows throughout the community to educate the public. Lastly, your confidentiality is of utmost importance; we understand the delicate nature of the decision to undergo a cosmetic procedure and your right to privacy.
3. Friendly and Skilled Staff Our staff is highly-trained, educated, experienced, compassionate, and puts you, the patient, first. The combined years of experience in patient care, education, cosmetic surgery, skin care, and the field of beauty will put you at ease and increase your confidence and trust in achieving your non-surgical, as well as surgical goals. We specialize in the field of cosmetic surgery, and as a result, our efforts all go into creating an atmosphere that puts our patients at ease.
4. Highly Specialized Cosmetic Surgeons
Dr. Bitar is an award-winning board-certified cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon and member of the prestigious American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS), the only plastic surgery credentialing organization recognized by the American Medical Association (AMA). He is also a member of the Faculty of the American College of Surgeons (FACS). He has trained with some of the top cosmetic surgeons in the world in Brazil, France, and the USA before he founded the Bitar Cosmetic Surgery Institute. Dr. Bitar is on the advisory board of Plastic Surgery Products magazine, staying on top of the latest trends, techniques, and procedures in the world of cosmetic surgery. He is currently the co-author of a chapter in a book on neck lifts and another chapter in a book on breast augmentation. He is also co-authoring a book on Neck lifts, and another book on "Cosmetic Surgery Around the World." His commitment to patient care has led to naming him as one of the Washington DC's "Top Doctors" by the Washingtonian magazine, Northern Virginia Magazine, Health and Beauty magazine the Consumers Research Council of America.
Dr. Centeno is an award-winning board certified plastic surgeon with over 10 years of experience. The pursuit of a career in Plastic Surgery has been a life-long pursuit and one to which he brings great passion. He completed his Aesthetic Surgery training at the Institute for Recontructive Plastic Surgery, New York University School of Medicine-Manhattan Eye Ear & Throat Hospital Fellowship Program, which is nationally recognized as the busiest cosmetic surgery center in the nation. Dr. Centeno distinguished himself as a leader among his colleagues and community for his exellence in body contouring after massive weight loss and his commitment to quality healthcare. He works diligentely with Bitar Cosmetic Surgery Institute to keep up with the latest patient safety techiques and is commited to patient satisfaction. Although he offers a myriad of procedures, he specializes in minimally invasive facial rejuventation, body contouring after massive weight loss, laser skin rejuvenation, autologous fat transfer, and vein treatments.
5. Comprehensive and Unique Diversity of Services Our affiliation with several medspas and physicians in the DC area enables us to offer or recommend a vast array of medical, spa, and med-spa services ranging from massage therapy and physical fitness to lasers, hair transplantation, and cosmetic dentistry. We offer services that are diverse: the full spectrum of cosmetic surgery, both face, body, and rhinoplasties, the full spectrum of skin care services and products, the latest FDA approved injectables (Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, Radiesse, and the ever popular Botox). We have the full array of estheticians who are licensed to perform spa to medical esthetician skin care services.
6. Convenient Hours, Locations, and Telephone Number The Bitar Cosmetic Surgery Institute is geared to patient needs and accommodating to their schedules like no other, with offices in Manassas and Fairfax, and offers regular evening and weekend hours. For your added convenience, you also have direct access to Dr. Bitar's or Dr. Centeno's cell phone when needed.
7. Safety is a Priority A vast number of our procedures are done at INOVA Fairfax Hospital which has been named one of the top 50 hospitals in the USA by the U.S. News & World Report. We also perform surgery at a surgery center for your comfort and privacy.These first class teams with whom our doctors operate with are registered nurses and board-certified anesthesiologists who have many years of experience treating cosmetic surgery patients. Dr. Bitar is the lead author of an article on guidelines of safety in plastic surgery anesthesia, and he lectures on the safety and efficacy of various cosmetic surgery techniques. Both Dr. Bitar and Dr. Centeno have a passion for patient safety which ensures a safe and successful surgery for every patient.
8. Complimentary Consultations We offer every patient 2 complimentary consultations before they are ready to have surgery. This is a great way for you to learn about your operation in a friendly, low stress environment.
9. Exclusive Scar Treatments BCSI is the exclusive location to offer a unique imported scar tape and cream system, which enhances the healing of surgical scars, proven safe and effective through medical trials.
10. Community Involvement BCSI is heavily involved in the community well-being, and our philosophy is embodied in Winston Churchill's quote, "You make a living by what you take, but you make a life by what you give." Dr. Bitar has enjoyed going on operative missions to perform pro-bono work in third world countries. Dr. Bitar and his wife Rima were the 2008 CARE celebration co-chairs, and he was also named the "National Man of the Year" by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for the fundraising efforts of the BCSI. Additionally, Dr. Centeno served with "Outstanding Service" as Vice President for Medical Affairs and Chief Medical Officer of the Governer Juan F. Luis Hospital & Medical Center on St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands. Bitar Cosmetic Surgery Institute support include CARE, Hoop Dreams Scholarship Fund, Second Chance Employment Services, and the Renee Mouawad Foundation.
Our Institute also offers internships to students in the community who are pre-med, nursing, medical students and Plastic Surgery residents. This competitive program gives students from various disciplines the opportunity to learn about the delivery of Cosmetic Surgery services, participate in clinical research projects, and to observe in-office and hospital based procedures.
[ Back to Top ]
“You are truly blessed with an artistic eye and a highly sophisticated aesthetic sense.”
Private plastic surgery financing arrangements may be made through CareCredit®. They offer special financing and low monthly payment options, no up-front costs and no-pre payment penalties so you can get what you want when you want it.